Since starting this little food, fun and insane rambling blog back in the autumn of 2013, I’ve been in awe of those bloggers who have such wonderful, interesting things to say and write so well. I’ve also been terribly envious of the blogger awards my favourite blogs have received, wondering how I might write well enough someday to be considered worthy of an award myself.
Well, today I received my first blogging award nomination!
Lovely blogger, Evginia, author of the Living on Annette lifestyle blog, has nominated my little blog for not one, but TWO blogger awards! Thank you so much, Evginia!!!
To be honest, I’ve actually been asked to choose which of these awards is closer to my heart, and follow the directions for acceptance of the nomination, and so I shall.
I honestly don’t know which award nomination thrills me more; I think they’re both pretty wonderful!
If I *had* to choose…um, which I actually do, so stop stalling…I guess I choose the Sunshine Blogger Award, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I am
humble realistic enough that I can hardly believe my teeny weeny little blog is having a worldwide effect, so being a “sister of the world” seems a bit presumptuous on my part; all 7 of my readers (haha) would probably agree, considering they’re probably all based within a few hours of my geographic location, and half of them are family…!
I kid. Kind of.
Secondly, the Sunshine Blogger Award appeals to me more, because when I decided to create this blog, rising up from the not-quite-cold ashes of my now defunct shared food blog, The Chronic Masterbakers, I had deliberately made an effort to ensure this blog was a “freakin’ little ray of sunshine”, as opposed to writing about the heavier, more somber stuff that happens in my life, and all our lives for that matter. Save the Drama for your Mama, is my motto. Here on this blog, I try to keep it light, fun, and friendly (if slightly sweary at times; my apologies for my occasional potty mouth).
SO!! To the “rules” for accepting the Sunshine Blogger Award!
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Thank the person that has nominated you and share the award on your blog
Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
Nominate 11 bloggers who put a smile in your day and let them know of your nomination
Write 11 questions for them to answer
Again, many thanks to Evginia for her nomination! I am incredibly honoured! Go check our her blog!
As for the 11 questions from Evginia, see them and my responses below:
- What is your favourite thing to do for yourself? I love love LOVE to read! It’s such a solitary occupation, but it gives me such satisfaction. I try to keep my reading addiction to when my husband is playing a computer game or is otherwise occupied in his own solitary pursuit, so I’m not actively ignoring him…but if I get a new book, all bets are off!! lol…
- What season do you like the most and why? I love late spring, because of the promise of summer to come. It’s the perfect temperature (not too cold, not too hot), and everything is just starting to come back to life after a long winter hibernation. Including me!
- Describe yourself in three words? Empathetic, unique, quirky
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now? 10 years from now we will be in another house, hopefully with a large yard, and I will have finally inherited my mother’s green thumb and plant ALL THE THINGS!
- What is friendship to you? Friendship means trust, comfort, pee-your-pants laughter at times, a shoulder to lean on, and have yours leaned upon in return, when needed.
- What makes you happy? Having a new recipe I’ve formulated turn out perfectly!
- What is your fav holiday and why? My favourite holiday is still Christmas! It’s more than just one day a year, it’s an entire season of giving and working on seeing the best in people.
- What do you do to make this world a better place? Not as much as I should, which I know. I’ve been working on just simply accepting people for who they are, rather than trying to “improve” them, trumpeting what I see as the potential in them to be (which I’m sure is VERY annoying!)
- Fav person to be around? My husband is always #1 in my book! A very close second is my little sister (not so little any more, as a wife and a mother in her own right, but habit is habit!), and running a very close photo finish third would be my friends in Toronto (you know who you are!)
- Fav quote? FUNNY: “Why yes, I *am* a spawn of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.” SERIOUS: “Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- (There was no 11th question…..wahhh!)
And now for my 11 nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
- The ever-lovely Kim of Peeled Wellness
- The amazing Christopher of Lost Hemisphere (my own personal ray of sunshine, and a deeply geeky guy – hugs!)
- The hilarious Chris-Rachael Oseland of Kitchen Overlord
- The talented Jane of Jane’s Patisserie
- The always-fascinating Suzanne of Les Photos de Suzanne & Pierre (you take the most beautiful photographs, and I love practicing my French in following your bilingual comments on each one!)
- The always-educational and entertaining (edutational?) Pat Geyer of Rantings of an Amateur Chef
- The drool-worthy photography of Andrea from Cooking With a Wallflower
- The talented cook and photographer, Mandee from The Kitchen Wife
- The groovy Kelli from Kelli’s Kitchen (love the style of your blog/website!)
- Locavore food lover Sarah at Memoirs of an Amateur Cook
- The inspiring Frances of Loving Leisure Time
Thank you to all of you amazing bloggers for your inspiring and informative and entertaining posts! My questions for the nomination rules are below, should you choose to accept:
- If you had to give away $100,000, what would you do with it?
- If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would you choose?
- Your thoughts on tofu.
- What is your favourite hobby, besides writing your blog posts, of course!
- What is your favourite vacation spot in the world?
- Have you been to that favourite vacation spot yet, and if not, when are you planning on going?
- If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?
- What has been the hardest thing about writing a blog?
- What has been the most rewarding thing about writing a blog?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
My apologies for such a long post! I hope your will share this award with others, especially your favourite bloggers; let’s continue to spread hope and positivity in the world!