This Sunday, for those who are not in the Scouting movement, is B-P Day, when Scouting groups across the world usually come together to honour and celebrate the the founders of Scouting, Lord and Lady Baden-Powell (both were born on the same day, February 22nd).
This year, our group, 3rd Toronto Parkdale will be participating in a special service at one of the churches from which we run our programs, after which we will be hosting a “Thank You for Supporting Scouting!” tea in the Sanctuary for all parishioners and guests that day.
Of course, guess who volunteered to make the goodies (me! me!)
After receiving an estimated number of attendees, I did some basic hospitality math and realized I needed 120 servings at a minimum of whatever I made, so here was my proposed menu, which was joyously approved and is awaited with jumpy-up-and-down excitement (heh):
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies = 2 dozen
- Cranberry Shortbread rounds = 2 dozen
- Chocolate mini Cupcakes with vanilla-raspberry frosting = 2 dozen
- 1/2 slab carrot cake with walnuts, cream cheese frosting = 30 servings
- Gingerbread Loaf with flat icing drizzle and studded with crystallized ginger = 20 1/2 slice servings
Needless to say, I will be photographing each of these treats as I make them and will be sure to post them with the recipes over the next week.