I know I’ve been posting a boatload of recipes starring or including cauliflower lately (see my posts on Cauliflower Steak, Beer Battered Vegan “Fish” and Chips, Sneaky Veggie Mac and Cheese, and Cauliflower Cheese Pie), but I’ve been turned into a real convert about how versatile and delicious this humble vegetable can be. Move over, chicken; this wrap wants a word with Flavourtown.
Buffalo Cauliflower Wraps
YIELD: 4-6 wraps (depending on additions) | PREP: 10 mins | BAKE: 40 mins
Note: this recipe can be made gluten free by using GF flour and wraps, and dairy free by using df dip and nut milk.
- ¾ cup/95g AP flour
- ¾ cup/178mL milk of choice (dairy free is fine)
- 1 tsp/5g each: sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 tsp/7g salt
- ½ tsp/2g cracked black pepper
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4-6 7″ tortilla wraps
- Romaine or leaf lettuce, chopped
- ½ tomato, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- Ranch or other creamy dipping sauce
- ¼ cup hot sauce of choice (Frank’s RedHot is a standard option here, but feel free to play with your favourite hot sauce)
- 2 tbsp neutral oil (canola, vegetable, sunflower, safflower, peanut, etc)
- 1 tbsp liquid honey or agave syrup
- Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C. Prepare baking sheet with a layer of aluminum foil and spray well with nonstick spray.
- Mix together all ingredients for batter. It will be thick; don’t thin it out. Thoroughly mix cauliflower florets in the thick batter until well-coated.
- Bake on prepared pan for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the Buffalo sauce; brush over the florets after 20 minutes and bake for another 20 minutes or until browned and sizzling.
- Load wraps with dipping sauce, diced vegetables, buffalo cauliflower and any other tasty additions you may crave.